Sunday, December 20, 2020

PS5 by Ethan V.

                                    PS5

By Ethan V

On November 12th, Sony released the PlayStation 5 (PS5), which is its most recent console to be released since the PS4 in 2013. There are two editions, the disc and non-disc version which means one can play discs that are from the PS4 or PS5. The disc version is $499, and the non-disc is $399. 

We were lucky enough to get a disc version for free through my mom's work, and I love it. I mainly play NBA 2k21 and on the PS5 the players in the game look very real, and the screens load very fast. I start a game and start playing it only 2 seconds later, and I don't have to wait.  Also, the new controllers that come with the PS5 are very nice because they have a really cool texture from a lot of super tiny PlayStation symbols. They also have features like adaptive triggers that I noticed adapt depending on what is happening in my game. For example if my player in the game is tired it will be harder to press the triggers because when you are tired it's harder to run, and this makes it a lot more realistic. 

Not only did the new PlayStation release last month, the new Xbox did as well. It's called the Xbox Series X, and on launch day the Xbox Series X sold 1 million units, while the PS5 sold 2.1 to 2.5 million units which is over double the amount. Both of these sold the most consoles ever on launch day in the history of their companies.

Overall, I think the PS5 is very good and worth the moola, and very fun. Just definitely don't buy an Xbox Series X if you have the chance to get either console. I can't wait for more PS5 games to come out now!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...