Sunday, December 20, 2020

Tennis

 Tennis

Izzy 

12/19/20


    Over the summer, I got to play more tennis. Ethan and I did two weeks of tennis camp at the tennis courts nearby. I have been playing tennis there for a few years just for fun, there's a one hour class once a week that we would sometimes go to. We started it because Vincent and Cia were going there and started doing it more regularly. 
    I haven't gotten to swim with my team since March so tennis has been great for trying to stay active. Online school starts at 10 for us, so I've started waking up early and playing tennis at 7 with my dad and/or mom. We play for around an hour once or twice a week at the tennis courts at my school. The grass field and tennis courts are open to the public. It's felt weird to be back at school again when I go to play, especially because it's at the time I would normally be at school, waiting for the first bell. Since it's gotten a little colder we have been the only ones using the courts during the week and it's really nice. We'll see lots of cute dogs running around though. Afterwards we sometimes get donuts from Golden Donut, an amazing donut shop. 
    Usually we start off hitting the ball to each other within the service line, also called short court. Then we back up and do some more rallying. Dad/mom will then feed me the balls to practice my backhand or forehand. For the past couple of weeks, I've been doing the tennis class again with my friend Isabella (who I also surf with). We wear masks the whole time and it's been fun to see people my age again. I really enjoy seeing myself improve and pushing myself to get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...