Friday, August 20, 2021

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C.

Izzy
8/19/2021


    We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we did so much fun stuff! We hadn’t been to D.C. in a few years so it was good to be back. My highlights of the trip were going to the D.C. United game, staying in the tree house, going to the zoo, and the Spy Museum. I remembered some of the zoo but it was fun to go back. It had been a while since we went to the Spy Museum and it was so cool to do all of the interactive stuff for our secret mission. The museum store was also really cool and I got a few souvenirs. I was sad we didn’t get to go the Holocaust Museum because it’s supposed to be a really good museum. Even though we didn’t get to go, we packed in a lot of other fun stuff during our trip.
    The humidity was definitely something I wasn’t expecting. It was in the 90s and very humid so you got very sweaty whenever walking around. I also loved getting DoorDash for dinner. I got to try a few different restaurants while we watched movies at home. I liked it because Koko let us get whatever we wanted for three days and we’ve only done it a couple times before so it was fun. We also watched a lot of movies - Chaos Walking, Wall-e, Top Gun, A Bug’s Life, Rio, and Rio 2. 
    Something I noticed was that Koko’s neighborhood is a lot of row houses which you don’t see in San Diego. Similar to our neighborhood, pretty much everything is within walking distance. I like Koko’s area and D.C. in general. It was an awesome trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...