Tuesday, July 21, 2020

My Weekend In Palm Springs By Ethan V.

                                                           My Weekend In Palm Springs            7-21-20
By Ethan V.
    Over the weekend, my family and I took a trip with our friends the Vegas to a house in Palm Springs and had a lot of fun. Here is what we did over the weekend.
                                                                        Friday                                     7-17-20
    Today we starting driving to Palm Springs at 12:45 PM, and we brought our dog Noodle. Noodle gets motion sickness and throws up in the car, so we had to give him Cerenia, a drug that prevents him from throwing up in the car. But Cerenia makes him drool everywhere and it is disgusting. In fact, I brought a pillow to rest my head on, and Noodle somehow took over the pillow and drooled on it and put all his fur on it. The pillow was soaking wet from his drool!
    After 2 hours and 35 minutes, we arrived in Palm Springs at 3:10 PM. We almost immediately went into the pool. It got up to 114 degrees in Palm Springs so if you stayed outside for only a couple minutes you get baked by the sun because it was so hot.
                                                                      Saturday                                  7-18-20
    Today I woke up at 6:40 AM, which is way too early for me but at the same time this means more time in the pool so it's okay. It is so hot in Palm Springs that at 7 AM its already 80 degrees! Anyway, today we mostly stayed in the pool the entire time, and it was a very happy feeling to finally have a pool and air conditioning. Since we woke up so early, we had to be quiet until 10 AM because of the Palm Springs noise rules. The rules are that you cannot be loud before 10 AM and after 10 PM and if you are caught being loud, you will get fined 500 dollars. We did almost nothing the entire day, and for dinner we had lasagna. 
                                                                     Sunday                                     7-19-20
    Sunday was our last full day in Palm Springs, so it was sad but it was one of the best days in my opinion. We started the day by eating breakfast tacos made by my dad, and they were delicious. Then before we went into the pool I played a game of Uno with the Vega kids, Lucia and Vincent. The game took so long that we were playing the game when my mom, Izzy, Suzanne and Jorge went shopping downtown and we were still playing the same game when they got back one and a half hours later. We were in the pool until about 1 PM, and then we watched Inner Space and I didn't watch the whole movie because I was tired. Then Izzy and I went back into the pool and after that we watched Shanghai Noon which is a really good and funny movie. For dinner we had Five Guys.
                                                                    Monday                                  7-20-20
    Today was our last day, and we only had about 3 and a half hours till we had to leave. It was mostly packing our stuff, but we also got about an hour of pool time before we had to drive again. In the car I mostly slept, but Noodle was drooling again and it was very uncomfortable because Noodle drooled right under my butt so I couldn't sit regularly (thanks, Noodle).

2 comments:

  1. This weekend really sounded fun! Did Noodle enjoy it too? I loved your description of his drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think noodle enjoyed the ac and he totally seemed like he wanted to go in the pool but he didn't :(

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...