Monday, August 24, 2020

Jaws

 Jaws

Izzy

8/21/20


    Today Dad made me watch Jaws. I can't say I liked it because I was anxious the entire time, but it wasn't bad. Living near the ocean and just having done a surf camp, I do sometimes worry about sharks but stingrays are a much bigger threat. After watching Jaws, I'm not scared to go back into the ocean because I know it's fake and have seen where they actually filmed the movie at Universal Studios. When you take the studio tour you get to see the Amity set as well as a fake shark just like the one they used for Jaws. There's a pretend skit where a fake diver is out on the water and then gets attacked by a big shark and you can see the water turn red. 
    
    One thing I have to say about the movie is that I couldn't really understand anything Quint (the fisherman) was saying. He had a unique accent and when he talked a lot I was confused. I also am kinda mad that the mayor didn't get attacked because he deserved it for not taking the shark attacks seriously and keeping the beaches open just to make money. I honestly thought more people would be killed than just 5, so it was kind of a snooze fest. It's more centered around anticipation of Martin Brody, Quint, and Matt Hooper on the boat trying to kill Jaws. Overall I think it was a pretty good movie and the shark looked pretty real. I would not recommend watching this if you plan on going to the beach any time soon though ;)

                                ‎Jaws on iTunes

1 comment:

  1. Loved your analysis! Jaws is a movie classic and I'm glad your Dad "made" you watch it. Even though you have been able to see the props used in such movies, you still need to be cautious when in the ocean. Climate change is causing a lot of these "unusual" attacks. Can't take anything for granted these days.

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...