Thursday, August 27, 2020

Our Stay-cation at Paradise Point

 Our Stay-cation at Paradise Point

Izzy

8/27/20


    This week Mom, Ethan, and I stayed at Paradise Point on Mission Bay. We checked in on Sunday afternoon and left earlier this morning. We had so much fun relaxing at the pool and feeding the ducks and it was a great way to sort of end the summer. I can't believe there are only three days left until school 
starts -- the summer went by too fast!!

    One of the best things about this resort is that there are 5 different pools spread out around the grounds. The main pool is in the center and was where we spent most of our time. We also had a smaller pool right around the corner from our room. My favorite part of the main pool was what we called the cold pool. There was an area with three waterfalls that poured into a small pool which was colder than the big pool. Ethan and I did challenges trying to see who could stay in the cold pool the longest. When we jumped back into the big pool the water felt so much warmer! We went night swimming on Monday and Wednesday which was super awesome too.

    Another AMAZING thing about Paradise Point is all of the ducks that live all over. There are probably over 50 ducks and other types of birds. We found out we could get bags of duck food from the gift shop so be bought probably 10 little bags of the duck food. Ethan and I had so much fun feeding the ducks and creating duck trains where they follow us around. I did some research and can conclude that our favorites ducks were Pomeranian Ducks. They are all black and have a white chest. Ethan and I have been watching Bob's Burgers recently so we decided to name our favorite ducks after the kids in the show -- Tina, Louise, and Gene. Louise was our most favorite because she always came to us and could catch the duck food in mid air. There was another mallard duck who was SO GOOD at catching the food in mid air. I would say she caught 80% of the food I threw. She was also so cute and always found her way to be right next to us. On Wednesday, Ethan and I made a duck train. We were walking around the pond with about 20 ducks walking behind us trying to get food. I love ducks so much!! And now Ethan wants one.

    We had an amazing stay at Paradise Point and I really loved this hotel! I already miss the ducks so much and I hope they miss us too. I had so much fun and am so lucky to have gotten to do this trip (thank you mom!). 

P.S. Now Ethan and I really want to have ducks 😁

Tina

     
Gene


Louise

1 comment:

  1. What a great Staycation! This place truly is a "paradise point."
    Haven't heard of many duck pets, except maybe on a farm. But glad to see
    that you gave these ducks names and actually made them your friends.
    You are learning how we all fit together well in nature!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...