Sunday, July 1, 2018

Cooking With Jiji--Izzy and Ethan

Cooking with Jiji!!

Izzy and Ethan
7.1.18


Izzy's Experience

     Ethan and I have both done some cooking with Jiji. We got to learn from the master how to make some really good Japanese dishes! The first thing I made with Jiji was curry. We all love to have Jiji's famous curry--it's SO good! It usually has meat, potatoes, carrots, celery, and a few more ingredients. Since I am now pescatarian, Jiji said he would make shrimp curry instead. He made it the same as usual but with shrimp. He cut up all of the ingredients and put them into bowls. Ethan and I also learned how to shell the shrimp. I put all of the ingredients in a pot and added the curry sauce. We had it over rice. Another day I helped Jiji cook some shumai. We put the shumai ino  a pan with a little oil and when it was brown, flipped them over. Then we added a little water and covered the pan. We made 2 different kinds of shumai, pork and edamame (mainly for me). Just yesterday I helped Jiji with some gyoza. Since our friends Elizabeth and Gavin were coming over, we had sushi, gyoza, and miso soup for dinner. The process of cooking gyoza was similar to cooking the shumai, putting them in a pan with some oil and letting them cook for a while. Then you flipped them over and added some water. The gyoza had meat so I didn't try any--but the others said they were good. I had lots of fun cooking with Jiji and hope to do it again soon!


Ethan's Experience
     I am lucky to have the chance to cook with Jiji and I am even luckier to have him teach me how to make his awesome steak!!!!! Here is how we made it: First we got the steak out of the package and put it on a tray with foil on it. The foil is there to prevent a mess on the tray and it works!! Anyway, first we put tenderizer on it and it's supposed to make it more tender but it looked more like salt to me. After the tenderizer we added seasoning. Then we flipped it over and did the same on the other side of the steak. After we put all that on both sides of the steak we turned on the broiler and put the steak in. On broil you put the steak in for 7 minutes and I don't know how much time it is for a different mode. When the seven minutes are up you flip it over and do it for another 7 minutes on the other side. Then you take it out and it's complete!! I love cooking with Jiji and I hope I can do it again. And that was Izzy and me cooking with Jiji!!!



This is Izzy cooking the gyoza with Jiji.

This is Ethan helping Jiji cook the steak.

    



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing that you guys got to cook with Jiji! I miss his curry too, and that's awesome that he modified it to have shrimp for you Izzy! I love that you did steaks with him too, Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great experiences! And some day you will be able to make those dishes for your mom and dad, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...