Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Camp Day 3 Part 1--Izzy

                                                             Camp Day 3, Part 1
6-28-2017

Today, the first activity was making the leaf mobiles. The first step is to use the leaves to make leaf rubbings by putting the leaf underneath a piece of paper and rubbing a crayon over it. This will give you a print of the leaf. We used the leaves that we collected in the woods yesterday. We made many leaf rubbings.  Then, we cut out all of our different leaves and glued them on a piece of poster board. The next step was to cut them out again and hole-punch them. Next, we used a small branch for the base and pipe cleaners to attach the leaves to the branch. One thing I did was attach a lot of small leaves by punching a hole on both ends of the leaves and using a pipe cleaner to attach them together. It made a leaf look like it was falling. This project was very fun.

This is my leaf mobile. I used many different shapes of leaves.
                                   

                                                                      Hamilton
We have been listening to Hamilton in the car to and from camp. I really like reading the words of the songs from the CD booklet along with the music. Now I really want to see the play. Currently, we are on Act 2 and are close to being finished. The story makes sense and I am understanding the time period. Overall I really like all of the music and it is very fun to listen to!
We are reading the lyrics for Hamilton. We like to listen to it in the car and in the living room.

2 comments:

  1. I love ALL OF THIS, your leaf mobile and that you're listening to Hamilton and liking it!! I've never heard it, I need to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you are listening to Hamilton. I've wanted to see that play too so maybe we can go sometime soon. I like your leaf mobile and how you described the process to make them. Such cool art!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...