Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Surf Camp

 Surf Camp

Izzy

8/18/20


    This week I've been doing surf camp with Cia. It's through San Diego Surf School in Pacific Beach from 12:30 to 3:30. I've already had lots of fun and can tell I am getting better from all the practice!

    Yesterday was the first day so we got there early and got ready. I'm using a wetsuit Cia is lending me, but the water is so much warmer than last week that I don't actually need it to stay warm. We went over the rules as a big group and split up into smaller groups of 2-5 with an instructor. Cia and I were the only ones in our group and we had a really nice instructor named Coco. She gave us some tips and we went right into the water. I'm pretty sure the boards we were using were 7 feet and they are foam boards. We practiced surfing in the whitewash, which means after the waves break. I had only surfed a little bit last summer during the free time at Junior Lifeguards and have been wanting to improve so I'm really happy to be doing this camp. Cia and I have both been able to stand up on our boards and caught some good waves.

    Today was also really warm. We had a different instructor but spent the whole day catching waves and trying to stand up longer. The current was pretty strong so we did have to get out and walk back down the beach a few times. It was even hotter out today so the water felt really nice. I was really happy today because I could stand up on my board longer than yesterday. I really want to get my own surfboard soon so I can keep surfing. I'm sad tomorrow is our last day but I have loved getting more experience and hope to surf more in the future!

1 comment:

  1. You are a real "California Girl" and it suits you well.
    So glad you love surf so much. I'm also learning a lot about it from you
    so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...