Friday, July 7, 2017

             Williamsburg, and the Battle of Yorktown by Izzy

7-7-17

Williamsburg 

These are some things they made at
the Silversmith.
This is my delicious chocolate!
We went to Williamsburg again, but only for the morning. We bought the tickets for the carriage ride and then went to the millinery, the silversmith, and the coffee house. The coffee house was the best!!! We went inside, and they served us coffee, tea, of chocolate. Ethan and I got chocolate and Koko got coffee. The chocolate is melted dark chocolate that has some added spices like nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. It was very rich and YUMMY!!!! I loved it but Ethan thought it was ok. We saw the dining room and the owner's study. We went on the carriage ride and then got our things from the market. I got a bow and arrow and Ethan got a pretend gun that they had in the 18th century.
This is the carriage we rode in.

Yorktown

Yorktown was only 20 minutes away, and we went to the American Revolution Museum. We saw an exhibit that talked about the founding fathers of America, like Alexander Hamilton. There was a area with a lot of tents that showed you what it would be like to have fought in the Revolutionary War. There was a station where you got to enroll in the army and the guy asked us some questions. You would serve for 3 years and get money or land for your reward. We chose land and he also gave us fake $20. We also got to see some tobacco that was being cured. 

This is the tobacco that is being cured.
We are in one of the bigger tents in the camp ground.



3 comments:

  1. This is SO cool. I feel like you've learned so much there. And you're my daughter, I'd love the chocolate too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The carriage ride sounds awesome. I don't think I've ever taken one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another really cool history lesson! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...