Thursday, June 29, 2017

Camp Day Four Part One --By ETHAN 6-29-17

Today at camp we did food coloring paintings for art. This piece came very light but I did it for the texture and this one is very smooth.The colors I used  were gray, purple, turquoise,  and green. I made it to look this way by painting a layer of gray then a layer of purple[it actually looked brown]; then I put a big dot of turquoise and a smaller dot of green on that.
This is my second piece of art and the purpose of it was to make it rough. I used green and used the clumpy part of it. The clumps made it rough when it dried.The colors were gray and green [the two gs]. I put the  gray on first and then the green. I don't know what happened but you can't see the gray.




The second thing at we did at camp was to plant Dahlias in decomposable containers. We transferred them into a bigger container when we went home to Momo's house. Again I don't know what color my Dahlia's flowers will be.
Below is a picture of Dahlias in bloom.

3 comments:

  1. Decomposable! That's a big word!
    I love your descriptions of the texture of your water color. So amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the art! I bet Momo is happy to have all of these new plants to take care of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man those dahlias are going to be beautiful. You guys are quite the gardeners! Love all these art projects you guys are doing. What a great camp. I'd love to see your drawing of the cove area!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...