Tuesday, August 10, 2021

D.C United Soccer Game

 D.C. United Soccer Game

Izzy
8/9/2021


    Yesterday we got to watch D.C. United play against the Montréal Football Club. I had a great time watching the soccer game and going to my first big event in over a year and a half! 
    The D.C. United are the men’s soccer team for D.C. and they compete at the Audi Field. D.C. United first started in 1996 and has won 4 MLS Cups. In case you didn’t know, soccer games are 90 minutes long with two 45 minute halves. The first goal was scored by Montréal in the 16th minute but D.C. their first goal before halftime in the 40th minute. There were many close calls but D.C. got another goal. The final score was 2-1, D.C. United won!! 
    I really enjoyed the game, which surprised me because I don’t normally like soccer. I don’t enjoy playing it but watching the game in person was really fun. During the National Anthem, there were fireworks and more fireworks were launched when D.C. United scored. Cheering with the crowd also made it really fun and the excitement when they scored a goal. There was one section of the stands that were cheering and singing the entire time and one person was beating a drum. I would definitely go to another game and in my opinion, it is more exciting than a baseball game. I enjoy the fast pace of soccer and the excitement from how close the game can be until the last second. One thing I don’t enjoy about soccer is how dramatic the players can be about an “injuries” to make it seem worse than it is. Sometimes they actually do get really hurt but many times it’s fake.
    It was also the first big event I’ve been to since Covid started so it was kind of crazy. The stands weren’t entirely full but there were a good amount of people in our section. We were actually pretty close to the field and almost in the middle so we had a great view.  Masks were only required if you weren’t fully vaccinated and I did see people still wearing them which was nice. It felt pretty normal though and I had a really good time.



The view from our seats







1 comment:

  1. I've never been to a soccer game so it would've been a great learning experience for me too. And the fact that you experienced it after the Pandemic lockdown made it even more memorable. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...