Monday, July 1, 2019

Hamilton Exhibition-ETHAN

Hamilton Exhibition By Ethan V. 7-1-19 Yesterday we went to the Hamilton Exhibition. It is a museum about the life of the founding father Alexander Hamilton. I will tell you about my favorite three rooms and other things. Read on to learn more. First we drove 50 minutes through Chicago to Northerly Island. We parked in the Adler Planetarium parking lot and then walked to the exhibition. We got in and we still had time before we had to go through so we got some snacks. I got bag of hot Cheetos, Welch’s fruit snacks, and a bottle of sprite.I ate my Welch’s fruit snacks but didn’t finish my Cheetos and sprite so I stuffed in Momo’s purse along with everything else. Then it was time to go through(DUN DUN DUN). My favorite three rooms in the Exhibition are 1.The battle of Yorktown, 2. The King George Hallway, and 3. St.Croix. I liked the Battle of Yorktown best because it was a screen and action figures acted out the battle on the screen. There were action figures of George Washington, General Rochambeau, Marquis De Lafayette, Alexander Hamilton and General Cornwallis. This showed how the troops moved and attacked to beat General Cornwallis in Yorktown. The King George hallway was cool because, well, it’s King George. There were pictures of him all over the walls and a neon sign that said, “Awesome, wow”, like in the play after the Americans get their independence. And lastly St Croix was cool because it explained Hamilton’s Childhood as a poor orphan better than the Musical. It also shows how skilled and smart he was at writing and math. One thing I learned was Hamilton wasn’t a pure abolitionist he just didn’t like slavery. When we left it was raining, thundering and there was lightning. Koko had to buy two really cool Hamilton umbrellas that weren’t cheap. We walked to the trolley stop and took a ride back to the parking lot. Overall this was a very fun experience and, since it’s a moving and touring exhibition if it comes to where you are go check it out(you’ll thank me later).

1 comment:

  1. What a great tip! I would love to see that exhibition, as we will love listening to the Hamilton soundtrack, thanks to our last visit in San Diego (and in Austin) with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...