Sunday, June 30, 2019

Finishing the Tree!

Finishing the Tree!

Izzy
6.31.19


     Yesterday, Saturday, we finished painting the tree! I had started my design on Friday, the 29th, but didn't get to finish it so we continued yesterday morning. Ethan and I were originally going to each get half, I would get the top fourth, Ethan the middle two, and then I would get the bottom. But since my design was taking a lot longer than I had expected and Koko wanted to help, we split it into thirds. I was thankful that I didn't have to do another part with my design, because the process took FOREVER. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, it just took too much time and we only had two days left in Evanston. I did a scale-like design with three different colors, cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, and cadium yellow. Ethan did a collage of his stuff, and Koko did a pattern with dots going around the tree in the different colors Ethan and I used. Throughout the process, I learned how important it is to prepare for big projects like this one, especially when Momo and I had to get two more tubes of paint for the base coat. You also have to have a plan for what you're going to do for your design, which makes the job way faster and easier. Overall, I really liked how the tree turned out and I hope it lasts a while considering how much effort we put into it!

The tree before
The tree with the base coat




The finished tree!


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! That is the coolest project! I absolutely love it. What an amazing addition to a garden!!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...