Friday, June 22, 2018

Doing Calligraphy!--Izzy

Doing Calligraphy With Jiji!!

Izzy 
6.22.18


     Hello everyone! Ethan and I were very excited when we found out we would be able to do calligraphy! We did our regular Japanese lesson, learning and writing down some greetings in Hiragana. Then, Jiji gave us some special calligraphy paper and some newspaper to make sure the ink wouldn't bleed through the paper and on to the table. We got 2 sheets of it and wrote different things on them(in Katakana and Kanji). On the 1st sheet (the picture on the top), we wrote (from right to left)  Jiji, Ethan, Izzy, and Koubou, then on the bottom row, Momo, Dad or Dada, Mom, and Koubou. On the second sheet (bottom picture) we got to choose 1 word to write over and over until we filled up the page. I chose to write Izzy. I got lots of practice in writing my name!
     
     What I find fun about calligraphy is that it is calming. You are just focused on trying to make the character look good and aren't really thinking about anything else. Also, because we don't get to do it all the time, it's more special when we do. It's also just cool to know how to write phrases and words in Japanese--I don't know many people who can! I hope to do some more calligraphy soon!!!😺😻
My first page with all of the different words.
My second page filled with Izzy!






2 comments:

  1. That is REALLY cool!!! What a great skill you are learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing GREAT with this, Izzy!! I know how challenging it is and it looks like you're getting it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...