Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Floating Shrine in Miyajima -- by Izzy

The Floating Shrine in Miyajima! By Izzy

8-8-17

Today we, the Vegas, and Rumi and Souri went to Miyajima island. We took the streetcar to the ferry landing and took the ferry to Miyajima island. The boat ride was fun and we sat on the third level. I looked at the water and the ride was only 10 minutes and we were going pretty fast. When we got to the island, we walked to the Itsukushima shrine. We saw the Tori-i (Shinto shrine gate) in the water and it looks like it was floating on the water. When the tide is high, the shrine and Tori-i look like they are floating on the water. We went into the shrine and walked around. I got a good luck charm for academic studies and my fortune. You put 100 yen in a box and then choose a drawer that has your fortune in it. I chose number 3 drawer and my fortune said to be calm and to put others before yourself. We got ice cream and there were lots of deer on the island. We walked to the Ropeway station and took the ropeway to the top of the mountain.

We also went to a cat forest and owl forest store and I got the suitcase for my little cat that is in the picture below. That is the cat I got at the Country Cat store.

We took the boat back to Hiroshima and had sushi at a conveyer belt sushi place. There are different plates that you stack up and the different plates have different prices. I loved the salmon and tuna sushi.










1 comment:

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...