Monday, June 26, 2017

First Day At Camp Part 2 -- by ETHAN

Before we went to class,we explored the children's garden.This part was the Willow Circle Garden. I liked it because it was private and quiet and would be a nice place to read. One of our activities  was the BUTTERFLY EXHIBIT.The exciting thing for me was that one actually  landed on my hand!
The IDENTIFICATION card I had said that this was a COMMON MORPHRO found in Central and South America It stayed on my hand for about 5 seconds. This was exciting because it was the first time one has ever landed on me!

The last part of our class was a stained glass art project. This was not real glass but it was substituted with wax paper and colored tissue paper. We put liquid starch on the wax paper and layered tissue paper on it. I don't have a picture yet to show you because it's still drying in the classroom.You'll have to wait until tomorrow to get to see  it.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh lucky you that a butterfly landed on you!! You must be good luck. :) (Tell Izzy that a butterfly will definitely land on her at some point!:))
    Can't wait to see the stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful butterfly and how cool that it landed on you! I'm so glad you got to do cool projects like the stained glass in camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an incredible butterfly! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...