Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Pup-date

 A Puppy Update

October 20, 2020
Izzy 


     It’s been a while since I’ve posted on the blog, but I’m gonna give you a puppy update — a pupdate! ;)

So I did apply for Fuzz and never got a response from that organization. After searching for a little while longer I found another adorable puppy. She was so tiny, only around 10 pounds and not going to be much bigger when fully grown. She was a Schnauzer Terrier mix. I applied for her so fast and the organization, Second Chance Dog Rescue, was very responsive. Only a little while later that day they notified me that they looked over our application and had already contacted our landlord. We were good to go except that she had a meet and greet later to meet a possible family. Sadly, she did end up getting adopted but the organization said they would keep our application for the next four months. For a while I just looked and waited for another perfect puppy. It took awhile but I found another puppy named Rachel, from a different organization. She was no longer on the website a day after I applied and I didn’t hear anything from the organization. I had definitely become a little disappointed because it was taking so long to find a dog and it sort of felt like it wasn’t gonna happen.

    I applied for a fourth puppy from yet another organization but then we heard from the organization that had Rachel, Karmic Rescue. They just got a really really really cute litter of puppies and asked us if we were interested in meeting any of them. I almost screamed because I was so happy and they were all so adorable!!! We had to decide between two puppies, Whip or Lasso. We decided to meet Whip, and I finally felt like things were going to work out. The whole time during my school Zoom meetings I was just thinking about meeting her because I was so excited. 


    That was October 9, and the day everything changed. We have friends who foster puppies and were taking care of a three-month-old shepherd mix puppy. Our friends brought the puppy over to see how Noodle would do with it. At first, they just sniffed each other's butts and the puppy, Sarah, was just walking around our courtyard. I kept Noodle on leash and they seemed to be doing fine. Then he started walking beside her and basically tried to attack her twice. It was pretty scary, we had never seen Noodle do this before. It could've been because we were in our backyard and he was “defending his territory,” but she wasn't doing anything to him. After that I sort of knew what was going to happen. We talked about it and I knew it was enough to stop us from getting a puppy. I cried.

    We had to turn down meeting Whip because that would only make it harder. I mean, we did know it was going to be a gamble hoping he would be fine would another dog. I was and still am disappointed because I researched and looked for so long and had to do a lot of work to convince my parents to say yes. It’s also so frustrating that Noodle doesn’t get along with other dogs but it’s not even his fault because before we adopted him, he had a hard life on the streets of Thailand. I'm still very devastated and kind of mad at Noodle, who doesn’t even care. And I don’t know when I’ll be able to get a puppy because Noodle probably won't become friendlier. This whole process has just made me want a puppy even more because I've come so close to having one a few times. I was prepared to lose sleep and put in a lot of time for training. I was so excited to have a little dog to sleep with in my bed.


The small schnauzer-terrier mix puppy

Rachel

The top right is Whip, my almost puppy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...