Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Air Frying

Air Frying

Izzy

8/5/20


    We recently got an air fryer from Costco and I've been loving it so I thought I would talk about how it works and some of the DELICIOUS food we've made in it. The specific air fryer we have is the Nuwave 6 quart air fryer, which we made sure was "TaoTao approved" before we bought it. I was very excited to get it because one of the YouTubers I watch shows how she cooks tofu in the air fryer and it always comes out crispy. I was really surprised by all of the things you can make in it like veggies, meat, and some desserts!
 An air fryer doesn't use any oil and actually cooks with hot air. It preheats pretty fast and uses a fan to circulate the hot air. I really like it because it preheats and cooks pretty fast. It's also easier to cook tofu, one of the BEST foods ever, than on the stove. This was definitely a good purchase and I'm really proud of myself for convincing my mom to buy it.
    When we got home from Costco, I read the manual to learn how to use it and we tried it out with some frozen french fries. They only took about 15 minutes and were perfectly crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. I thought they were a lot better than when we cook them in the oven because of the supreme crispiness, and I will never want to go back to oven fries again. We also tried out the tofu recipe from the book that came with it. I would give it 6/10 because we had to marinate it for a while and it didn't get crispy on the outside. However, we tried a second tofu recipe with nutritional yeast and it was SOOOOOOO good! It got really crispy, but I will only rate it 8/10 because it wasn't enough sauce for all of the tofu. I had to add some soy sauce for maximum flavor, and I will be making it again in the future. Mom and I cooked some brussel sprouts too and they were very crispy and scrumptious. 
    They include lots of recipes in the air fryer book, some of which are sweets like cinnamon rolls so I'm curious to try that. I also want to do some fish and some more veggies, like kale chips which I haven't had in a long time. I'm really excited about all the air frying we will be doing in the future and I would highly recommend getting an air fryer!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So impressed with your endorsement of the air fryer! And I'm even more impressed with the way you read the manual and tried out some of the recipes. We need you around here! When you come again, we'll buy an air fryer for you to show us how to use it effectively. MoMo has lost all patience for doing this. We need you in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the air fryer attachment to my Instant Pot and have had fun testing a few things - my fave was the brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...