Friday, July 24, 2020

My first in-person playdate in 4 months By Ethan V.

                                                   My First In-Person Playdate in 4 Months                         7-24-20
By Ethan V.
    Yesterday, on July 23rd, I had my first in-person, socially distanced, playdate since the start of COVID-19 4 months ago. I got to go to my friend Joel's house. Ever since we've been in lockdown, I could only talk to him over the phone, so this was extra fun for me. 
    Most of the activities we did were the same as our usual playdates, but what made this different was we stayed outside the entire time and we always had masks on. 
    When I first got there we played NBA 2K20 while Joel's bulldog, Spike, climbed on me because he was so excited to see me. After we played one game of 2K we played real basketball, and it was getting hot so we got tired really fast. After we played a couple of real basketball games (I won most of them) we relaxed and ate candy while watching YouTube. We played more basketball after getting rehydrated and it was really fun for me to play against a real human being whom I can beat. We got hungry after playing these games and for lunch we had mini corn dogs, fries and ABC chicken nuggets-- so a very "Ethan" lunch. While I was eating my lunch Spike wanted some food so he jumped up and tried to lick my plate but all he got was a smudge of ketchup on his cheek. 
    It was then getting very hot so we decided to have an accuracy battle with Joel's water guns. But when we tried to refill them Spike would just drink all the water in the bucket, and even when we put it on a table Spike still jumped on the table and drank the water. 
    We finished the day by eating spaghetti with sausage for dinner at around 6 PM. It was very sad to go home after such a fun day but we agreed that we would hang out again in the next week so now I am looking forward to that :).
The Best Basketball Movies of All Time | Complex

1 comment:

  1. What fun! With all this staying home during the pandemic, it really makes you appreciate getting to see your friend in person. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...