Saturday, June 29, 2019

Central Street With Koko!-ETHAN


Central Street With Koko!
By Ethan V.
6-29-19
       Today Izzy, Koko and I went down Central Street. Central street is like the main street in Northern Evanston and it has a ton of great shops. Now here's what we did.
       First we stopped at Willard School to set some records on their playground equipment and on my first run I got 15.04 seconds!! That was the record until Izzy went and got 14.77 seconds. Every time I had set a record Izzy set a better one the run right after that. It's SOOOO annoying. After we got super tired and sweaty from the obstacle course, we started walking down Central.
       The next place we stopped was a shop called Notice. We bought a 500 + piece puzzle about women in science. Koko got a planet bath bomb with a charm inside. The whole time we were doing this, I was watching The Women's World Cup on Koko's phone and Sweden was playing Germany( Sweden won 2-1).
       Next, we went to Paper Source, my Mom's favorite shop on Central. I got a (fake) Ramen thing that is a pencil sharpener and eraser in one. The other thing I got was a dog park playset for a desk which I'm going to put on my desk at home. Koko got a bullet journal and some pens and lastly Izzy got stamps and a bullet journal for her next one.I used my ramen pencil sharpener/eraser amd it is crazy good quality.
       The third and best shop that we went to is Oliver's Toys and Trains. It is the best toy shop in Evanston and there Izzy and I each got a Crazy Aarons Thinking putty. I already had(and still have) a Milky Way putty which you put a UV light on and it looks like the Milky Way. I also had a Amethyst Blush putty which is a color changing one with heat. It's origanlly purple but with heat it's pink. The new one I got is called Northern Lights and if you shine a UV light on this one it turns to the color of the Northern Lights.
       This was a very fun trip down Central street and if you are in Evanston I highly suggest to grab some money and walk down Central street.




       

1 comment:

  1. haha I have to laugh about your running record competition... but remember that in running (and swimming!) you're really competing against yourself and YOUR best times. If you're improving, you're doing great! :) Sounds like you got some really cool stuff shopping, too!

    ReplyDelete

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...