Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Second day Tokyo!--ETHAN

As of today we only have two more days in Japan! 😞I am VERY sad. Well anyway, today we woke up and had Mister Donut. It is SO good! I got a churro that is wrapped around so it looked like a circle. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Izzy and I wanted to have another donut but mom said no. So we went on and walked around Asakusa and on our way to sky tree we stopped at the Asakusa Shrine. It is a famous shrine which I don't know why. I will have to read about it. It also has a lot of stores that make a giant market. Then we kept on walking. I couldn't wait to get to Sky Tree. It took a long time to get to Sky Tree. It took about 30 minutes to get there. It was SO cool! It is like a mall. We didn't go to the top because it was cloudy and rainy. There was a Sumikko gurashi shop. I was in HEAVEN! I got a mini snail named speedy for Deno. I also got a like pickle car.  I also got a mini tonkatsu named Ton-ton. My snail came with a little sign that said look-alike snail. Ton-ton came with a little mini shrimpy.





Then we took the train and bus to STUDIO GHIBLI MUSEUM! My life depended on that moment. I was SO excited! When you walk in you look and there is a giant fan! There is also a chair that you sit down and there is a little film in black and white.  We turned right and there is a room. The first thing
you see is these pictures and you lift up and it says the name of the movie in Japanese . My favorite movie there is My Neighbor Totoro.  Then we went on and they showed some figures. Then they hand in a glass cylinder and they spun really fast and there was flickering lights and it looks like there moving! That's how they show how animation works. It is SO cool. Then we went up these tiny stairs  and went to the room  where there is a giant neko (cat) bus! We waited for 5 minutes and we took of our shoes and went on. We went on top and in the middle. It was SO awesome but you only get 5 minutes on neko bus. Inside neko bus were makkuro kurosuke (soot gremlins). After that we went up MORE stairs and we got on top of the building and there was a statue from a movie we don't know. Then we went downstairs again and watched a short film that they ONLY show in the museum. At the shop I got a neko bus stuffed animal, a Totoro and Totoro pin.





For dinner we had tonkatsu with the Hiramarus. It was OISHII!



1 comment:

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...