Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Nara: Deer Park and Daibutsu!!--Izzy

Going to Nara: The Deer Park and Daibutsu Statue By Izzy

8-6-17
Today we went to Nara. We took the Shinkansen (bullet train) to Nara and Yuji's friend Matsumoto-san and his daughter Madoka-san picked us up at the train station. We parked and walked to see a temple and to go to the Shika Kōen (deer park). We bought some packs of deer crackers to feed to the deer. We also walked to see the Daibutsu, which is a giant statue of Buddha. I got a few gifts for my friends, and then we walked to the Isuien Garden. We saw some polywogs in the water and stopped at a cafe to get something to drink. All of the kids got ice cream and I also tried the green tea ice cream. The ice cream was delicious! 

We walked around and then walked to get dinner. We were walking and I saw some cat sculptures. There was a little shop and it was open so I immediately went in. I was so excited when I saw that everything inside was cat themed!!!😻 I ended up getting a little cat, a keychain, and a pin a which will be a present for a friend. I was in HEAVEN in that store!!! I love cats sooooooooooo much!!! The man that owns the shop gave me a free cat chopstick rest because I got a few things! That was a very awesome store!

Today was a very hot day- we all were very sweaty!!! We stayed at Yuji's house in Nara and it was very beautiful. I slept in the room a famous shogun slept in over 200 years ago!! The house is 250 years old!!








1 comment:

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...