Sunday, August 13, 2017

Last days in Kamakura--ETHAN

On Saturday, August 12th we went back to Kamakura from Kyoto.We took our last bullet train from Kyoto to Shinagawa,Tokyo.  Then we took the JR Yokosuka line to Kamakura. We went back to the Gokurakuji house in Kamakura. We relaxed and we used the monorail but there were too many spiders on the monorail so everyone except V walked down.

When we got back to the house mom and I took a bath. I love the bath because of the jets and it gets SO warm! I also LOVE the toilets. When I sit down the toilet seat warmer is turned on so it's SO warm also! I  used the bidet and it felt SO weird! It's going to take a lot to get used to not having a fancy toilet in San Diego.

After my mom and I got out of the bath the kids played a few games of crazy eights. After that we had dinner and we had tonkastsu with cabbage. Of course, I ate quickly because it was SO good.


On Sunday August 13th we went to Daibutsu, another giant Buddha. It is second largest in Japan. It is SO cool! It was a one minute walk. We payed 20 yen and we went UNDER the BUDDHA! It was SO cool! I felt the inside of it and they said it took 10 years to make it! Then we walked through Kamakura and we got lunch. I got udon.

After that we went to the beach. The water is SO warm here compared to San Diego! At this time of the year the water can get up to 80 degrees! Then mom's friend from Saturday school came here. Her name is Hiroko and her husband's name is Nobu. She has a two year old daughter named Hana.We got shaved ice. I got lemon flavor. Then we walked back. For dinner we had cold noodles especially made for summer. We got fireworks and we used all of them. My favorite type is the torch. It changes color!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Trip to Washington D.C.

 Our Trip to Washington, D.C. Izzy 8/19/2021     We got back from Washington, D.C. a couple days ago. I had a great time with Koko and we di...